Tuesday, October 02, 2007

September!

One Month later...... lol

Yup it's been a while. I just can't blog as I used to. But today shall be a recap. I'm home sick today so now I have extra time. I was coughing, sneezing and had a very high fever this morning. I don't even know where it came from. I could feel myself getting sick, but it came really fast. Anyway I ended up being in bed almost the whole day, which was a bummer.

Well time for more interesting stuff. School started off with a bang. Leadership has jumped up in pace and events. They do everything except the dances and charities. Spirit actually seems higher this year, I'm really excited. We have a new DJ company for the dances and they throw in a free lunch dance promo and custom packages. I'm excited, I want the dance to be great. We've tons of new idea too, but it's still early and the only thing really finalized is that it's on Dec 6 and a Winter Formal. Spirit Week was surprisingly successful. There was so much participation, I was pleasantly shocked. The Terry Fox Run was a little on the dull side, but we still raised money. Grade 8 Day was supposed to happen on the 20th but it rained and it was moved. We were all ready to have it in the gym, but Inrig said it doesn't look like it'll rain and we had it outside. Of course it poured and we had to put 500 smelly, wet, grass/ pudding covered grade 8's in the gym. PE teachers were shocked, and Inrig looked like he was going to cry. I thought it was still successful, not the best grade 8 day, but definitely one to remember.

My classes are pretty awful tough. Biology is hard, not taking Bio 11 first was a bit of a mistake on my part. But I'm managing, not much I can do about it otherwise. Mr. Kinear I officially hate though, he gave us this really long test (which I knew everything on) but it was only long because about 10 questions kept being repeated. And because of that I wasn't able to finish my written section because I had to leave to catch my bus to work. He was trying to be difficult on purpose, and I'm so not forgetting this. Law is totally slack, I also hate it. I have Mr. Wildeman and all we do is textbook work and it's not even thinking questions, just copying questions. I took Law because I wanted an intellectual class where politics and government were discussed, but all we discuss is drugs and alcohol. BORE. Plus the class is really rowdy and every one's so loud that I can never get any work done. It's his first year teaching Law and I'm afraid I've been a bit hard on him because I had such high expectations. I've been really lippy to all of my teachers and it's very unlike me. Now that I think of it, more to Mr. Wildeman than others. Damn, I'm so mean! I'll start being nicer, especially since he's trying his best and he's a nice person in general. English is pretty OK, I'm getting behind because I'm not giving English my priority, which is sad because I love Mr. Boomhower's class. He's an amazing teacher and the class is really good too. Very understanding teacher, more teachers should be like him. Band is OK, I'm section leader for clarinets and trombones and I'm way to lazy to always get up and hand music. I'm actually better on the trombone than I am on the clarinet now, it's shocking. I've been improving on the trombone so much and just staying the same on the clarinet which makes me sad. I'll try harder in concert band from now on. Some of the grade 11's are annoying especially some of the saxophone players but I enjoy sitting in between Danielle and Lena, they're very friendly.

Grade 12 seems to be the year for hook ups. Everyone seems to be pairing up. Lisa and Patrick have rekindled and I'm very happy for them. Nikki and Isaac have started a relationship as well, and no one really knows what to say about them. Tons of others too, but no one I'd mention. But it seems every one's relationships are secret one's. All races seem to be hiding their newly found bf/gf from theirs parents. New trend maybe?? I'm on the hunt for a grad date, who most importantly will look good in the pictures and get a long with everyone. I've found one that'll be perfect, but I'm not attracted to him at all, so it looks like I'm still looking. SC meetings are mostly run by Suzanna and myself, and they go pretty well I guess. Kevin's fun to work with on VP stuff. We get a long better than previous VP's in the past, so I'm happy with that.

Work is getting busy, plus I'm getting tires of little children. There are some who love me and who's parents also adore me. There are others who honestly are spawns of the devil and there parents are so awful that they should've never been given kids in the first place. Shavaun's left the portrait studio and I'm the only one it seems who'll miss her. Michelle is my new favorite, she's really nice and helpful. Monique is also pretty fun. We are all becoming annoyed at Brandi (the manager) who not only is on sick leave for like a month, but is really disorganized in general.

Oh in other news the school's play is a musical called All Shook Up. It's a 1950's rock and roll Elvis play. I tried out and I'm the Mayor, Matilda. Pretty exciting especially since apparently I can sing which I didn't think I could do. But all the lead roles are double casted except the lead male and female role. So I share my part with Nikki P. in grade 11, and she's interesting.... yeah, that's all I'll say. So we alternate playing the part on performance week and the one who's not Matilda that night had a part in the Ensemble. I think it'll just get annoying after a while, but I'm not the director or anything. Lisa's stage manager again though, so woot, I get a little bit more say than the others, lol.

Well that seems like a sufficient recap, there was some other drama that I felt no need to talk about because it would just give me a headache. I did though get tickets to the Michael Buble concert on January 12th which I am so excited for. And Ms. Spencer has gotten me into John Mayer who she plans to marry. I think they'll be a great pair, beats Jessica Simpson anyway. Well I gotta go do homework, I'll maybe write sooner than a month!

1 comment:

Mishaela said...

M-m-m-michael buble here we come!
I'm stoked.
The hookups this year are so controversial!